A wonderful opportunity to explore the gardens of Heydon Hall - which are rarely open to the public - plus a variety of gardens in historic and picturesque Heydon village.
We invite you to visit one of the prettiest villages in Norfolk and take a stroll through the gardens of Heydon Hall, The Grange, The Old Rectory, The Old Cottage, Poppyland and others. There will also be a display by North Norfolk Classic Vehicle Club, entertainment by Holt Ridge Morris dancers, a plant stall, and refreshments on the village green.
Heydon is one of less than a dozen privately owned villages in Great Britain and became Norfolk’s first conservation area in 1971. Heydon is also currently home to six County Wildlife Sites, has won Best Kept Village on two occasions, and has been the setting of numerous film and TV productions.
• Heydon Hall gardens: £3 per person
• Heydon village gardens: £3 per person
• Free entry for children 14 years and under
• Free car parking
• Dogs on leads welcome in Heydon Hall park
• Admission tickets can be purchased on the day at the main gates to Heydon Hall and on Heydon village green
Heydon is situated 15 miles north west of Norwich, off the B1149 Norwich to Holt road (postcode for sat nav: NR11 6AD)